Friday, July 14, 2017

Psalm 19

"The heavens declare God's grandeur 
and the radiance from which they arise. 
Each dawn tells of God's beauty; 
each night shines with God's grace. 
Their testimony speaks to the whole world
and reaches to the ends of the earth. 
In them is a path for the sun, 
who steps forth handsome as a bridegroom
and rejoices like an athlete as he runs.
He starts at one end of the heavens
and circles to the other end, 
and nothing can hide from his heat. 
God's universe is perfect, 
awing the mind. 
God's truth is subtle, 
baffling the intellect. 
God's law is total, 
quickening the breath. 
God's compassion is fathomless, 
refreshing the soul. 
God's justice is absolute, 
lighting up the eyes. 
God's love is radiant 
rejoicing the heart, 
more precious that the finest gold, 
sweeter than honey from the comb.
Help me to be aware of selfishness 
but without undue shame or self-judgment. 
Let me know that you are always present, 
in every atom of my life.  
Let me keep surrendering my self
until I am utterly transparent. 
Let my words be rooted in honesty 
and my thoughts be lost in your light.
Unnamable God, my essence, 
my origin, my life-blood, my home." 
   
Psalm 19
A Book of Psalms, Stephen Mitchell  
A beautiful morning prayer. Blessings wherever you find yourself waking today.   


No comments:

Post a Comment