Thursday, November 12, 2015

Treasuring

Yesterday, I sat and talked with a woman whom I have known as long as I have been in the ministry. I asked her what gives her a sense of gratitude.  Without pause, she replied, "I am grateful I have Jesus."   I was quite touched by her confidence in that knowing.  Her illness is serious and progressive.  She has been in a wheelchair for years. She lives in a beautifully appointed senior community, but she is by far the youngest person there.  She had to give up a career that she loved. She often laughs as she reflects that her 90 year old mother is healthier than she is.  Yet, she knows where her treasure is.  She sits peacefully in that temple, giving thanks.          
   
For where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21    
 
 
 
 
        
 

No comments:

Post a Comment