Sunday, November 29, 2015

Psalm 140

Psalms for Praying
Nan C. Merrill 
  
Deliver me, O Giver of Breath and Life, 
from the fears that beset me;
help me confront the inner shadows
that hold me in bondage, like a prisoner
who knows not freedom.
They distract me from all
that I yearn to be,
and hinder the awakening of
hidden gifts
that I long to share with others.
 
For are we not called to make Love
conscious in our lives?
You are the Light of those
imprisoned in darkness.
Surely You will guide us 
into the new dawn,
that we may live as co-creators
with You.  
  
This is a beautiful psalm for the first Sunday of Advent.  Today, Christians will come together and light the candle of hope.   May those who are struggling with anger and isolation reach out, not in violence, but in hope that love is real and is for everyone.  Holy One, help us to live together.  Help us to be who you call us to be in this world. Help us to trust the flame of hope.    
 
Amen.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment