Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pausing

Earlier this week I went to Amazon to check on a book I was interested in ordering.  However, it is still in hardback only. Sometimes, waiting for the used paperback edition does take patience. 
 
Therefore, I had to smile when a day or so later I stopped at the Friends of San Carlos Bookshop and found a used paperback version of Receiving the Day, Christian Practices for Opening the Gifts of Time by Dorothy C. Bass.  I have just started reading it, but I love her description of time as "God's gracious arithmetic." 
 
I write this to say that I do need to pause from sending psalms while I wait for my new computer battery to arrive.  Yes, I should have heeded its warning that it was beginning to fail a few days ago.      
 
Blessings to you all.  May we always be able to savor our gift of time.  




   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment