Sunday, November 15, 2015

Psalm 126

Psalms for Praying
Nan C. Merrill
  
Restore us to wholeness, O Healer,
like newborn babes who have
never strayed from You.
May all who sow in tears
reap with shouts of joy.
May all who go forth weeping 
tears of repentance,
bearing seeds for sowing,
come home to You
with shouts of joy,
leaving sorrow behind. 
  

I did not bake an apple pie yesterday, but what I did bake was bread for communion.  I have not baked bread in quite some time, but the yeast proved to be very much alive and practically danced in the cup.  I decided to bake a challah.  I have always loved the idea of the braids symbolizing the intertwining of God and God's creation. As I kneaded the bread, waited for it to rise, and then wove three strands of dough together, I felt deep gratitude for God in our midst.  I thought of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  I thought of the love that has called people through the ages to feed both family and strangers.     
 
Some repentance would certainly do our world some good.  Go to church if you can.  If you can't, try to find a place to pray.  Let us pray and serve together.   I will be leading worship at  Little Brown Church in Sunol.  Worship begins at 10:30.  Join us if you
can.    
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment