Friday, November 13, 2015

Psalm 124

Psalms for Praying
Nan C. Merrill    
   
If it were not for You, O Beloved,
You who make all things new,
fear and chaos would reign
in every heart;
in You will I trust.
When doubt threatens to overwhelm
and separate me,
when anger makes me blind,
Then You, O Merciful One,
are ever-ready
to awaken the holy, the sacred
within me;
Then do your Living Streams of Grace
enfold me.  
  
   
A couple of days ago, for the first time this year, I picked persimmons off a neighbor's tree.  I am so grateful that even in this year of drought, I am seeing trees bearing persimmons, apples, and citrus.  As I stood beneath the tree and gently tested some of the fruit to see which were ready to give way, I felt an almost overwhelming sense of the sacred.   Without taking a bite, I was already satiated with God's sweetness, and it was good.   
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment