Thursday, July 30, 2015

Royalty

This morning, I am thinking of the one I call Queen Esther.  She currently resides in a rehab hospital.  Her frame is large and generally still. She wears a white head covering that is fairly stiff, so it sits on her head like an angular crown.  She is often adorned in a blanket or sheet.  I believe she is probably younger than I. 
 
She greets me warmly, with one arm outstretched, even though we have just recently met.  Her eyes are striking; they look to be made of amber and her skin is only slightly darker.  She does have some dental issues, but when she smiles, the physical imperfections and health challenges disappear, and I am humbled.  She is one of those, simply by presence alone, who remind me that we are more.   
   
  
Both high and low find refuge in the shadow of your wings. 
For with you is the fountain of life; 
in your light we see light. 
 
Psalm 36:7,9    
   
Truth tells my heart I am loved by Someone who cares for me unconditionally. This gift delights me past the point of thinking. It transforms me, too, and I become one with divine Love, who reminds me... 
Marguerite Porete, The Mirror of Simple Souls   




No comments:

Post a Comment