Saturday, July 4, 2015

Psalm 20

Psalms for Praying
Nan C. Merrill  

May the One who created you in wholeness
meet your needs when you call.
May the Name of Love be your protection 
and rise up in your heart as a tower of strength.
May all you have been given in gratitude 
and with open hands 
be returned to you a hundredfold! 
 
May your heart's desires and all your plans
be fulfilled in due season.
Let us shout for joy as Love 
triumphs over fear; 
Let our thankful hearts sing
in loud acclamation to the Beloved, 
who answers our heartfelt prayers.    
   
 
These sweet peas were growing on a bush that was about six feet tall.  I was across the street when I spotted them.  Right after I took the picture, a woman walked out of her house and asked, "Aren't they beautiful?  I have never raised anything like them."  She went on to say she has been taking bouquets to work.  She was so excited about this success and so amazed by it.  I heartily congratulated her, especially since my foray into raising sweet peas was quite the bust. Yet, I was able to share in the victory.   That is the gift of beauty.   
  
May your day be filled with joy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment