Thursday, July 2, 2015

Psalm 18

Psalms for Praying 
Nan C. Merrill 
   
I abandon myself to You, O Living Presence, my strength.
You are my rock, my stronghold, my freedom, 
Almighty One, the rock and foundation of my life, 
Just One, tower of strength,
the source of truth and light,
I call upon You, Heart of my heart, 
singing praises to your Name, 
and fear no longer holds me. 
     
  
Psalm 18 is one of the longer psalms and parts are very dramatic with contrasts of light and darkness.  Not sure if I will linger with it a bit longer, or move on to Psalm 19.   The way be will revealed.  However, today I am excited to share this photograph with you.  I was blessed to spot this beautiful creature, a swallowtail butterfly,  on a ten minute walk between a phone call and a worship service. I am grateful.   
  
Let us always remember to pause.  
       
    

No comments:

Post a Comment