Thursday, July 16, 2015

Psalm 32

Psalms for Praying 
Nan C. Merrill
 
I admitted my faults to the Most High, 
and I made known my regret; 
I cried out, "Forgive me, O Comforter,
for those times I have sinned in 
my thoughts, my words, my deeds," 
And the Beloved created a clean heart within me. 
 
Therefore, let everyone who is sincere
give thanks to the Beloved; 
For whenever we feel overwhelmed by fear,
we shall be embraced by Love. 
Dwelling in the heart of the Beloved, 
we are free from distress,
free to live creatively.    
  
O my  Beloved, you are my guide 
and my teacher,
Be watchful of me, give me your counsel. 
I pray for the gifts of inner peace and wisdom, 
For the gift of reverence for life.       
 
 
To this, I would add, "Amen."  Not because I have a clean heart;  I am a work in progress.  However, because of the the gift of reverence, I can celebrate this life.   I do not take that ability for granted.  

 Let us go and be amazed.  We can follow the psalmist's advice. Sometimes it takes practice, but we can "Be glad and rejoice."  Our world suffers too much when we fail to see its beauty.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment