Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Psalm 37

Psalms for Praying 
Nan C. Merrill    
 
Psalm 37 is long and Merrill's rendition is beautiful.  As I ponder the political landscape of our nation, I offer you this abridged encouragement as we make our way, not only for ourselves, but for those whose journeys are just beginning.    

   
Trust in the Most High, and seek goodness; 
live harmoniously upon the earth 
in peace and with assurance. 
Take delight in the Beloved, 
enjoy the bountiful gifts of Love. 
 
Commit your life to the Beloved, 
confident that Love will act 
on your behalf, 
Making clear your pathway, 
bright as the sun at midday.
 
From my birth to my elder years, 
I have watched the upright blessed 
with inner strength and faith. 
Living as beneficial presences in the world,
their children come to know Love.   
 
I have seen the greedy ones, 
their ways are overbearing, 
they puff themselves up with pride. 
I passed by seeing only an inflated balloon, 
a passing fancy soon to brought down.   
 
Look at the innocent, consider those 
honest of heart; 
they leave a rich inheritance 
to their children. 
But those who live with greed, 
end their days empty, 
they leave a legacy of hollow vanity 
to their children.
 
Love invites all to open their hearts. 

    
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment