Friday, August 21, 2015

Psalm 62

Psalms for Praying 
Nan C. Merrill 
    
For You alone my soul waits in silence; 
my hope is from the Beloved. 
Enfolding me with strength and steadfast love, 
my faith shall remain firm.  
In the Silence rests my freedom and my guidance; 
You are the Heart of my heart,
my refuge is in the Silence.   
 
Once You have spoken, 
twice I have heard;
Our potential gifts belong to You; 
to You, O Beloved, 
belongs our faithful love. 
For You render to us all that 
we offer to You - 
fear begets fear, 
love begets love.  
For You alone my soul waits in silence; 
from the Beloved comes my life. 
  
   
Holy God, Heart of my heart, and Soul of my soul, when the rowdy intruders of frustration, anger, and despair come banging and howling at the sanctuary door, help me to remember to quietly welcome them in. It is futile for me to try to hold them at bay, but together we can sit in your loving silence and be transformed into wholeness.  Help me to remember, O Holy One.  It is so easy to forget.  
  
Amen.   
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment