Thursday, August 20, 2015

Psalm 61

Psalms for Praying 
Nan C. Merrill 
   
Hear my cry, O Merciful One, 
listen to my prayer. 
From the depths of my being 
I call you You, 
for my heart is faint.   
 
Lead me to the Rock that 
is my strength, 
for You alone are my refuge, 
your steadfast love conquers 
my fears.   
 
Let me dwell in your Heart forever. 
Oh, to be safe under the shelter 
of your wings. 
For with mercy, You have heard my prayers.
You have shown me the heritage 
of those who know your Love.  
  
Commit my ways to my birthright, 
that I might be a co-creator through 
all generations. 
As I walk your path forever, 
fill me with abiding love 
and understanding. 
 
I shall sing praises and blessings
to your Name, 
as I abandon myself 
into your Heart day by day. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment