Sunday, August 9, 2015

Psalm 56

Psalms for Praying 
Nan C. Merrill 
  
If You had kept count of my transgressions, 
Your tears could fill a lake. 
Are they not in your book?
Now my fears will be turned back, 
in the day when I call. 
This I know, that the Beloved dwells within. 
In You, whose Word I praise, 
in the Holy One, whose Word I praise, 
In You shall I trust without fear. 
What can others do to me? 
 
My vows to You I must uphold, 
O Beloved; 
I give You thanks, my heart 
overflows with gratitude. 
For you deliver me from the depths of despair. 
You, my fears you help me to face; 
they are put to rest. 
That I may walk with You, 
O Beloved, 
into the light of a new dawn. 

     
  
Yesterday, Lilian, a beloved elder who does not hesitate to sing magnificently and loudly out of tune said, "God takes our sins and throws them to the bottom of the sea."  While I am not in favor of throwing much of anything into the sea, her statement made me pause.  I replied, "If God does not want them, I wonder why we hold on to them so?"  She laughed her beautiful crackly, croney laugh.  
  
Lillian has lived in skilled nursing for several years.  However, she courageously lives the life of forgiveness.  She knows that is her God given realm.  Consequently, she freely accepts love, and freely gives love. Let us all do the same.  

Ahh, a glimpse of the new dawn.   Have a glorious day. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment