Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Psalm 51

Psalms for Praying
Nan C. Merrill  
  
Have mercy on me, O Gracious One, 
according to your steadfast love;
According to you abundant kindness 
forgive me where my thoughts and deeds 
have hurt others. 
Lead me in the path of justice, 
guide my steps on the path of peace.  
   
 
When I came across these beautiful lilies, I stopped in amazement.  They stood almost as high as I.  
 
I am a bit late with the psalm today.  Last night I had a terrible case of what we think was food poisoning.   I am on the mend, but my system is in shock, and my body is very sore.   Quite unpleasant which leads me to value this practice of a daily psalm all that much more. I am however, keeping it short today.   This is a beautiful psalm.
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment