Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Released



I have started meditating with a woman who has Parkinson's. She mentioned to me that she had meditated in the past and was missing it so we decided to start our own meditation group. We have known each other for several years. She lives in a community that struggles with staff turnover, and this takes a toll on everyone, including me. She recently told me, "I feel like you and I have been through a lot together." Meditation gives her a chance to be with others, but she does not have to worry about talking. I think she is finding her freedom. So am I.
"Whether this process takes you two weeks, two years or 20 years to learn doesn't matter. All that matters is that you are on the way. You are on the pilgrimage to perfect freedom...This freedom means that you are not trapped within yourself. The way ahead is always oneness with God, in Jesus, through the Spirit."
John Main, Door to Silence
  

No comments:

Post a Comment