Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 9

Last night I dreamed that a small dark figure came to me and said, "Jesus called every disciple out of the boat." I think, "Where is that in the Bible?" In the dream I begin to look, but I quickly realize that I am missing the point. We are always being called out of the safety of our own little boats. I look at him and I realize he is very tired, so much so he cannot stand up straight. I then say, "Would you like something to eat?" He slowly nods his head yes.  I take his arm and we slowly begin to walk to kitchen. This  is the lesson that I takeaway from this novena: only when we see through the eyes of love can we love. Only then can we truly serve one another. 
  
On June 15, 2005, I wrote, "The Sacred needs our attention. Let us be generous. Let us love."  I think this will always be true. 

Blessings on your journeys.  Thank you for traveling with me, not only in these nine days, but always.  I will be helping with a healing service today (Sunday) at First Congregational Church in Alameda. If you would like a blessing of healing, come join us at 10:00 a.m. Beautiful church building and people. The gifted Rev. Jonathan Leavy will be leading worship. 
    
 
I greet this day with love in my heart. 
This the great secret of joy. 
Only the unseen power of love 
can open my heart to all others 
and their hearts to me. 
I will make love my most effective tool, 
bringing happiness to others and myself. 
I give and receive the abundance of love
that is needed in my life 
that I might bless and be blessed. 
I now know the great secret of joy, 
and life is transformed. 
I greet this day with love in my heart.  
Amen.  
 
Rev. Carol E. Parrish-Harra

  

No comments:

Post a Comment