Sunday, July 24, 2016

Day 2

On June 8, 2005 I wrote that a light rain was falling. We do occasionally get a summer rain, but alas,  that is not the case today.  Last night as we drove home after having a beautiful dinner with friends, night began to fall. The earth grew dark as the sky turned  a pale grey. The greyness seemed to linger, giving me a sense of  traveling on a desert highway.  The world is full of contrasts, and we move between them like thread being woven into a garment we cannot yet see.  Whether you find yourself in the midst of turmoil, joy, or somewhere in between, I pray you can be a calm oasis of love in your world today.  If you cannot, know that others are holding that space for you.  You will be able to return.  

 
I greet this day with love in my heart. 
Henceforth, I look on all life with love. 
I realize the rebirth within myself. 
I love the sun, and it warms me. 
Yet, I love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. 
I love the light for it shows me the way. 
Yet, I love the darkness for it shows me the stars.
I welcome happiness for it expands my heart; 
I endure sadness for it teaches me compassion. 
I experience the challenges of my life 
as they aid in my growth. 
I greet this day with love in my heart.   
 
Rev. Carol E. Parrish-Harra

  

No comments:

Post a Comment