Saturday, July 23, 2016

Day 1

On  June 7, 2005, I began to share the first of nine prayers that I found in the The Book of Rituals by Rev. Carol E. Parrish-Harra.  I thought of these prayers early this morning as the words, "I greet this day with love in my heart" came to mind.  I believe it is time to return to these prayers.  Today, and for the next eight days (making these prayers a novena), I will be sending out one of Rev. Parrish-Harra's prayers.  In the midst of so much arrogant clamor, violence, fire, and other storms, let us help one another to love. The effort will not be futile. 

Let us pray.  
   
 I greet this day with love in my heart. 
This is the great secret to happiness. 
This unseen power of love can open the hearts
of humanity and bless all of life. 
I will make love my most effective tool, 
bringing the energy of life to myself and others.
Love will melt the blocks within and around me, 
opening me to the joy of life. 
I liken love to rays of the sun which can 
soften the cold of the harshest day. 
I greet this day with love in my heart.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment