Monday, June 20, 2016

Solstice Blessings

Yesterday, on my way home from a conference, I stopped at what was called an antique store.  Somehow, in the rubble of stuff that I was tempted to dismiss as junk, I found a small book entitled Sea and Foam, by Kahil Gibran.  I thought it a little overpriced at $1, but upon closer inspection, I realized that it was hardbound, published in 1995, and in very nice condition.  It feels good in the hand. It is a book of aphorisms, which always come in handy. I promise to use them sparingly, but when I read, "Thinking is always the stumbling block to poetry," I was hooked.   
Wishing you all a beautiful summer.  Let us remember that we are all connected with a love that knows no bounds.   

    
Sadness is just a wall between two gardens. 
 Kahil Gibran     
  
The purpose of driving is to get out of the car.    
Sue Ann    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment