Monday, June 13, 2016

More

This photograph is part of a series I took yesterday, and I will share more images from this garden.  When I took this picture, I was concentrating on the red flower. The yellow flower was not in good shape. Age and a few insects had discovered it before I did. I took the picture with little confidence; red can be difficult to photograph well, and the angle was a little odd.    
 
Yet, ultimately, none of that mattered.  When I came home and did a quick review of the morning's photographs, I fell in love with the grey wall and the green foliage, and the funny purple boots. As I write this entry, I hear the birds as they, too, begin their day. I glance through the dining room window and notice the almost completely spent flowers.  They have nourished ever journeying bees as long as they possibly could. An admirable life.

I am grateful for these reminders that life beckons us ever on. Yes, there are tasks to complete, mistakes to correct, losses to be endured, and wearying worry always seems to pop up. Yet, there is always more than the dramas that take place in my head. Holy One, I am so grateful.     
  
  
I Will Not Die an Unlived Life
 Dawna Markova    
  
I will not die an unlived life, 
I will not live in fear 
of falling or catching fire. 
I choose to inhabit my days, 
to allow my living to open me, 
to make me less afraid, 
more accessible, 
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing, 
a torch, a promise. 
I choose to risk my significance,
to live so that which comes to me as seed 
goes to the next as blossom,
and that which came to blossom, 
goes on as fruit.    
  
from Finding Jesus, Discovering Self by Caren Goldman and Willaim Dols   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment