Friday, June 10, 2016

The Grotto

I woke this morning thinking of yellow and started a simple pastel.  As a female figure began to emerge, I think that this world is a grotto.  A birthing place and a dreaming place. A listening place where God is met and we are grown.    

I so admire David Whyte's poetry. However, his black and white photography is just too somber for me. I hope he does not mind my tinkering.   



WHAT TO REMEMBER WHEN WAKING
What you can plan
is too small
for you to live.

What you can live
wholeheartedly
will makes plans
enough
for the vitality
hidden in your sleep.
To become human
is to become visible
while carrying
what is hidden
as a gift to others.
To remember
the other world
in this world
is to live in your
true inheritance.
...
Excerpt from ‘What to Remember When Waking’
From RIVER FLOW: New and Selected Poems
Many Rivers Press. ©David Whyte


No comments:

Post a Comment