Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Preparations

I have  often viewed my soul 
as a large illuminated pearl 
in the center of my being. 
Julian's vision is larger. 
She viewed the 
soul as a city - a kingdom 
where Jesus sits, 
magnificantly clothed.   
   
I hear the words: 
"In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. 
If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, 
so that where I am, there you may be also. 
And you know the way to the place where I am going."*   
  
We do know the way.
"And when our soul realizes this, 
it becomes like the one it beholds 
and grace quietly unites it 
to God in peace." *        
    

  

Biblical text :John 14:2-4 
*All Will Be Well, compiled by Richard Chilson 
photograph: San Leandro, April 2019  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment