Monday, April 29, 2019

Of the Soul and Roses

I have found that red is one of the most difficult colors to capture with an iPhone.  When I saw this one, I almost did not take my camera that also makes phone calls out of my pocket because of the color and because well, it is a rose.   I have many pictures of roses.  Yet, the soul continues to urge us on because the soul craves union with God, with the world, with ourselves. Let us be wary of dismissing those stirrings.  I am not sure my soul recognizes a flower, but certainly recognizes what it finds beautiful in form and color. That is the lesson I continue to learn and relearn.  This red may not have photographed perfectly, but my soul finds inspiration here. 
Have a beautiful Sunday.  I am grateful that I will be with the beloved community today.  The flu subsides.  My voice?  Definitely showing signs of wear, but I am up and I believe as the old hymn goes, "It is well with my soul."  
Stay well all, and thank you for your prayers and wishes. 

 Let your soul speak.
      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment