Friday, December 2, 2016

Psalm 4 Book of Psalms

Last night I dreamed I was in the cave of a tiger. The tiger was not there. A man was with me, but we did not interact much. We were too much in awe of the cave to even speak.  The stone was layered, like sandstone. The colors: greens, golds, and orange were bright, like the sun was shining through them. We had to pause just to take in the flowing colors. However, we were aware enough to know that we needed to get out of the cave before the tiger returned. Yet, this knowing came more from politeness than fear. This was the tiger's home, not ours.  
  
Many of the psalms are not easy to read. Sometimes our lives are not easy to live which is why we have been given the gift of the difficult psalms: to put on the armor of light. I woke before we walked out of the cave. I hope we walked out dazzling.  
  
Even in the midst of great pain, Lord, 
I praise you for that which is. 
I will not refuse this grief 
or close myself to this anguish. 
Let the shallow pray for ease; 
"Comfort us; shield us from sorrow."
I pray for whatever you send me,
and I ask to receive it as your gift. 
You have put a joy in my heart
greater than all the world's riches. 
I lie down trusting the darkness,
for I know that even now you are here.  
 
Stephen Mitchell 

      
​​
So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.  
Romans 13:12   




No comments:

Post a Comment