Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Ponderings Repost

Yesterday, I was giving some thought as to how I want to structure a Zoom prayer gathering on Friday, July 3 at 7:00 p.m. (If you would like to take part and pray with others for our nation and our world, send me an email and I will forward the details).  A line of poetry kept coming to mind, "I am a citizen of that kingdom..." but I could not remember the source. Well, Google has a much better memory than I.  This email from June 29, 2008 quickly surfaced. 

This is not an easy time for our nation, nor for much of the world.   Being reminded that we are a citizen in the realm of God's Divine Presence gives me strength, and I pray it does for you as well. 
  
Yesterday I also did a search on the theologian, Karl Barth.  Such is my world. 
   
The photograph is an older one.  It was probably taken in San Leandro, but I am not sure when.    
   
Peace, this week, and always. Remember, God right at this moment is leading us to healing.  Let us trust the revelations.  
  
Love, 
Sue Ann    
  

----------------------

I received the following song via email today.  The only thing I know about Kabir is that he was a 15th century Hindu mystic.  One of the things I love about mystical writings is that they encourage me to stretch into that place of universal love that truly knows no boundaries.   Change a word here and there, and this could easily be Christian, Muslim, or Buddhist, or a celebration of the Divine Feminine.  Today, let us sing the songs that bring our hearts to life.  What a wondrous garden that would be – where every fruit and flower is ripened by wisdom, joy, and love.  Let us begin to sing this glorious banquet into being.    
   
I am a citizen of that kingdom
Where reigns the Lord in all His glory;
Neither pain nor pleasure cast their shadows
Where the sun of joy never sets.

I am a citizen of that kingdom
Where every day is a day of celebration;
The river of love overflows its banks,
And the lotus blooms in the devotee's heart.

I am a citizen of that kingdom
Where shines the Lord as the source of light,
And lights the lamp of wisdom in my heart
To burn without oil, without wick.
— Kabir in God Makes the Rivers to Flow: Sacred Literature of the World selected by Eknath Eawaran   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment