Friday, June 5, 2020

Into the Wind

Last night Tyler and I discussed going to the beach today .  However, it was chilly here this morning, so we figured the beach would be even more so. We decided to go inland instead.  I suggested Lake Del Valle, outside of Livermore.  I had not been there in several years.  If we had checked the internet, we might have deduced that the lake area is closed, but I am glad we were not so methodical.  The trail we were able to walk was beautiful.  It was a quintessential Northern California afternoon with an extra bonus of a cool wind.  Not a breeze, but a wind. There is a difference.  Winds give you a sense that they have travelled many miles and have many more to go. I would say they are more determined than a gentle breeze. I paused several times just to savor it.  Our aging dog does not see well now, but he is still happier on a trail trotting next to Tyler than anywhere else. They both make me smile.  Yes, they often have to stop and wait for me.  Between a knee that does not work perfectly and frequent stops to take in the vistas and the prevailing winds, I am a leisurely sojourner.  

Tyler packed us some sandwiches, but there really was no place to have a picnic, and the days of being able to stop and have a bite to eat at a pub or restaurant have not yet returned, especially when you have a dog with you. So, we came home and ate at our table in the backyard. A very nice day.  A nap, a shower, and a cup of tea are bringing the afternoon to a close. Such an adventurer...

 I really am not a landscape photographer, but it was lovely out there today.  I know many of us are spending a lot of time on Zoom calls and webinars. Let us remember to go outside when we can.  We need the reminder that horizons beckon, and a wind just might carry us there.    
  
Love,

Sue Ann       
 



No comments:

Post a Comment