Saturday, June 27, 2020

Kith and Kin

"I am ever present to those who have realized me in every creature. Seeing all life as my manifestation, they are never separated from me.  They worship me in the hearts of all, and all their actions proceed from me. Wherever they may live, they abide in me."        
The Bhagavad Gita, 6:30-31, translated by Eknath Easwaran     
     
As we make our way to the 4th of July weekend, it would be behoove  us to give thought to unity, not division. No matter how separate we might think ourselves to be, we are all related, and we journey together.  Let us keep all life in our hearts, and respect one another's struggles. May we risk deep listening to the unrest, and find common ground.   
   
O Great Love, thank you for living and loving in us and through us. May all that we do flow from our deep connection with you and all beings. Help us become a community that vulnerably shares each other’s burdens and the weight of glory. Listen to our hearts’ longings for the healing of our world. [Please add your own intentions.] . . . Knowing you are hearing us better than we are speaking, we offer these prayers in all the holy names of God, amen. 
Father Richard Rohr, OSB     
   
photograph:  San Leandro, 2020     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment