Friday, February 24, 2017

The Threesome of Today

Thanks to Brother Victor (Blessings of the Daily), I have learned a Latin word, "hodie" which means today. I am grateful that I live in a time when I can go online and learn the meaning of Latin words, and even how to pronounce them.  Hodie is pronounced in three syllables, and is very satisfying to say out loud.  Brother Victor writes, "I only know today, the present. Of course, I am aware of yesterday and mindful of tomorrow. I know of its coming: in a strange way, it is already in the making..it is important to act in the present, to dwell in the 'hodie,' the today of God." 
  
We are part past, part present, and part future.  The challenge is to find the balance in this three part harmony. If we honor each voice, and not let one overshadow the other, we will not lose the wonder of today.    
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment