Wednesday, February 1, 2017

St. Brigid's Day

I think St. Brigid would appreciate and bless the small skilled nursing community that I am scheduled to visit today. I ask that her spirit of generosity, courage, and faith travel with me and help me to see with renewed love and compassion.  I plan on giving the patients who gather with me the following blessing. May you and wherever you find yourself today be blessed with the Spirit of Love. 
May God be the guardian of this place 
and bring peace, 
that fear may find no entry here. 
May Christ be a chosen companion and friend.
May loneliness be banished. 
May the Spirit bring lightness and laughter,
and the be the comforter of tears. 
Courage be at each going out; 
rest be present at each return; 
each day, each night, 
each going out and each returning.  
   
(adapted from a house blessing found in Celtic Daily Prayer)     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment