Sunday, March 20, 2016

Spring

Here, the first day of spring is full of flowers, gentle light, and soft air.  Say yes, go out and fall in love with God once more. In this world of sorrow there is also joy.  Holy One, I thank you. 

     
The Opening of Eyes 
David Whyte  
    
The day I saw beneath dark clouds 
the passing light over the water 
and I heard the voice of the world speak out, 
I knew then, as I had before, 
life is no passing memory of what has been 
nor the remaining pages of a great book 
waiting to be read. 
It is the opening of eyes long closed. 
It is the vision of far off things 
seen for the silence they hold. 
It is the heart after years 
of secret conversing 
speaking out loud in the clear air. 
   
It is Moses in the desert 
fallen to his knees before the lit bush. 
It is the man throwing away his shoes 
as if to enter heaven 
and finding himself astonished, 
opened at last, 
fallen in love with solid ground.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment