Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter

Dear Friends, 
Well, every Easter is different, of course, but this Easter will probably find me back at Kaiser sometime today, and I think this is a first for me.   The cough has worsened.  I will not try to attend a worship service.  Yet, I have always found encouragement in the post-resurrection stories.  Jesus appears very much a human being, but even those who were aching in what they thought was his absence were slow to recognize him.  I do not think much has changed.  

So, as organs ring out, alleluias are raised, and greetings exchanged, let us not forget to look for Jesus among us.  In waiting rooms, airport terminals, and grocery stores, let us remember to look for Jesus.  In the silence and the storms, let us take note of the very human Jesus.  When we are feeling stranded, let us look for the one who will remind us, that no matter what, we are loved.  And let us be that love for someone else. Whether we are atheist, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, or follow some other faith practice that may not even have a name, we can be love.  We are part of the resurrection.


While they were saying all of this, Jesus appeared to them and said, "Peace be with you." They thought they were seeing a ghost and were scared half to death. He continued with them, "Don't be upset, and don't let all these doubting questions take over. Look at my hands; look at my feet - it's really me. Touch me. Look me over from head to toe. A ghost doesn't have muscle and bone like this.   
 
Luke 24:36-40  The Message 
     
        

No comments:

Post a Comment