Wednesday, December 9, 2015

John 15:4

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "  
John 15:4 
 
When I walked in the assisted living community, I was greeted by the beautiful young Muslim woman who has worked there for over a year.  We hugged as we always do.  One of the residents who usually meets with me was on her way to a church event.  She paused, and introduced me to her friend, a Jewish resident.  I invited her to come sit at the table where we meet.  She said she would like that, but wanted me to know I would not be able to convert her.  I assured her I had no interest in converting anyone.  Dr. S. joined us.  She is Hindu.  We had tea.  We talked about lighting all kinds of lights at this time of year.  I asked, "You all live side by side. Why can't the world be like this?"   We could not come up with an answer.  More tea and hotter water are needed.      

Tonight I hear Jesus:  Alone, we cannot bear the good fruit. We must hang in there together.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment