Monday, February 22, 2021

Praying Psalm 25


"Make known to me your ways, O God;
    teach me your paths.
Guide me by your fidelity and teach me,
    for you are God my savior,
    for you I wait all the day long.
 Remember your compassion and your mercy, O Lord,
    for they are ages old.
 Remember no more the sins of my youth;
    remember me according to your mercy,
    because of your goodness, Lord."   

 Psalm 25:4-7 
  
  
Even after reading this beautiful Psalm in an afternoon worship on Sunday, I experienced some restlessness and frustration yesterday that almost upended me.  Yet, this morning as I woke from a jumbled dream of people and objects and tasks to be done,  I heard  the words, "Stay open."   I shall try to obey this voice of Wisdom. Hearing Her did bring some sense of equilibrium and peace.   
 
This photograph is one that almost did not happen.  This succulent is common in our neighborhood, and I have several pictures of them.  However, I was intrigued by the angle.  I have entitled this photograph "Growth".   I am reminded that growth is ongoing, and can appear disorderly.  Yet all of life has its own wisdom and order, including mine.  Holy One, please forgive my transgressions and show me how to make amends. 
 
The wind is blowing.  I think of M. who sleeps tucked away  on a nearby ridge.  How long he has lived outdoors I do not know.  He is a quiet, private man, yet he always greets us when we see him at the bus stop.  While I know he will smile and  say no, I continue to ask if he needs anything.   A few nights ago I heard coyotes. No doubt M. knows their paths.      
 
We all journey on. May we follow Wisdom's guidance and journey in peace. 
 
" Her ways are pleasant ways
and all her paths are peace. 
She is a tree of life to those who grasp her 
and he is happy who holds her fast."  
  
Proverbs 3:17-18       



 

No comments:

Post a Comment