Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Oh My Soul

 As I was reviewing my photographs yesterday, the one that is attached seemed so appropriate for the poet, Rabia.   Yesterday I was also asked if I would speak with a woman who is ill.  I, of course, agreed.  The woman told me she was Pentecost and asked if I ever spoke in tongues.  No, I responded.  She did not seem to hold that against me, and we had a sweet conversation.  This morning I am reminded that the soul knows many languages, many ways of expressing its sacredness and its love.  

    
In My Soul  

In 
my soul 
there is a temple, a shrine, a mosque, a church 
where I kneel. 
   
Prayer should bring us to an altar where no walls or names exist. 
 
Is there not a region of love where the sovereignty is 
illumined nothing, 
  
where ecstasy gets poured into itself 
and becomes 
lost, 
 
where the wing is fully alive 
but has no mind or 
body?
  
In  
my soul 
there is a temple, a shrine, a mosque, 
a church
 
that dissolve, that 
dissolve in God.    
 
Rabia 
Love Poems from God, Daniel Ladinsky   







  
photograph:  San Leandro, February, 2020   
    
Please let me know if you are interested in joining me for Lenten Centering Prayer.  We will have two weekly sessions via Zoom:  Tuesdays at 2:30 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.   You are welcome to come when you can.   

No comments:

Post a Comment