Saturday, February 27, 2021

Glimpses

 When Tyler got home from work yesterday, we sat in the backyard for a bit, watching and listening to a flock of tiny birds that have been visiting.  They are very busy, and they converse constantly.  They make me smile, and I am smiling now as I think of them.  Because the trees are bare I can sometimes get a glimpse of them as they pause a moment before dashing off to another yard.


This morning's sky is clear with a large full moon still in sight.  I am content.
   
  
THAT LIVES IN US   
 
If you put your hands on this oar with me, 
they will never harm another, and they will come to find
they hold everything you want.  
 
If you put your hands on this oar with me, they would no longer 
lift anything to your 
mouth that might wound your precious land -
that sacred earth that is your body.  
 
If you put your soul against this oar with me, 
the power that made the universe will enter your sinew 
from a source not outside your limbs, but from a holy realm 
that lives in us.  
  
Exuberant is existence, time a husk. 
When the moment cracks open, ecstacy leaps out and devors space; 
love goes mad with the blessings, like my words give.  
  
Why lay yourself on the torturer's rack of the past and future? 
The mind that tries to shape tomorrow beyond it capacities 
will find no rest. 
  
Be kind to yourself, dear - to our innocent follies.  
Forget any sounds or touch you knew that did not help you dance.  
You will come to see that all evolves us.     
    
Rumi 
Love Poems from God, Daniel Ladinksky      


     



  
Christian Meditation through Lent: 
2:30 Tuesdays 
7:30 p.m. Wednesdays
You are welcome to join anytime.       
 
photograph:  San Leandro, February 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment