Sunday, June 25, 2017

Psalm 1

Dear Friends, 
About two years ago, I made my way through Nan C. Merrill's Psalms for Praying, posting part of a daily psalm and photograph. I again feel the pull to make my way through the Psalter once more, but this time using other translations, including the NRSV, The Ecumenical Grail Psalter, and Stephen Mitchell's A Book of Psalms.  The psalms and photographs will be posted on Facebook. If you want to make the journey with me, know you are welcome. I always appreciate the company and comments are always welcomed.     
   
Happy are those 
who do not follow  
the advice of the wicked,
or sit in the seat of scoffers; 
but their delight is in the law of the LORD, 
and on God's law they meditate day and night.
They are like trees 
planted by streams of water, 
which yield their fruit in its season, 
and their leaves do not wither. 
In all that they do, they prosper.   
Psalm 1:1-3, NRSV   
  
  

3 comments:

  1. Interested in the difference between the Ecumenical Grail Psalter and the Revised Grail Psalter that I am using. I've also asked Mary Susan Gast for a copy of her Redemption Songs, her own paraphrased psalter. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read some Mary Susan's paraphrased psalms years ago. I think she was including them in our newsletters at the time. According to the introduction, the Ecumenical Grail Psalter strives for "a nonexclusive test that avoids unnecessary gender specific references to the Diety or to the human person..." Thank you for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read some of Mary Susan's paraphrased psalms years ago. I think she was including them in our newsletters at the time. According to the introduction, the Ecumenical Grail Psalter strives for "a nonexclusive test that avoids unnecessary gender specific references to the Deity or to the human person..." Thank you for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete