Sunday, January 29, 2017

Morning

I came across this meditation in Esther de Waal's book, Lost in Wonder. It is a thoughtful  book to simply peruse prayerfully to see what speaks to you.  This passage startled me.  I do not have a photograph of a daffodil, but I think this magnolia blossom has much worth.   
   
I looked for awhile at the daffodils, and asked myself the question: What do you want of your life? and I realized with a start of recognition and terror 'Exactly what I have' - but to be commensurate, to handle it all better.    
  
After I read it a couple of times, I thought, "Very Benedictine." Then I remembered that yes, she is a Benedictine oblate.      
   
My prayer for you all is that you can find something or someone to enjoy today. If you are Christian, go to church if you can.  We need strong and faithful communities. We also need to get out and enjoy the beauty of this world and one another. As the wonderful old spiritual goes, "Trouble don't last always."  My deep gratitude to friends who have encouraged me this week.  Thank you. 
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment