Saturday, September 24, 2016

Silence

A few days ago, I received an email announcing that someone very dear to a community was in the final stages of her life.  I believe she is her 80s.  The email was brief, but did state a couple of the reasons why she was so respected and loved.  I met her a few years ago, but certainly could not claim to know her. Nonetheless, a sense of gratitude welled within me for her presence. The email was simply signed, "In Silence." I felt a collective, respectful surrender to the inevitable mystery that awaits us all.    
 
To my daily rule I have added bowing. I bow to the Christ I sense in others. I bow to the eternal Mystery that holds us all.  

May we all have a peaceful death. If we can lightly hold to this idea, I think we can know peace in this life today.  
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment