Monday, February 29, 2016

Vintage Light

I am grateful to have had several good conversations, over phone, email, and in person, about the passing of my friend, Kim.  One email conversation has been with someone I have never met. She is a Sister of the Holy Names and I have been in communication with her through my application for a spiritual direction intensive this summer.  She ended her last email with the comment, "She has put out the light because the dawn has come."   I think about all of us who love someone as carrying some of his or her light as we continue this journey.  Eventually, we, too, will put out the light, but hopefully not before we have shared this collective light with others, just as Kim did.  She celebrated the wise ones who came before her.  Let us continue the tradition. 

 Thank you all who have taken the time to talk, hug, read, write, and cry.   
        
I love this photograph.  I see the Holy Spirit coming down, and I find comfort for us all.        
    
For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.
Psalm 36:9         


  

No comments:

Post a Comment