Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Homeward Bound

Yesterday, I learned a dear friend finally was able to let go of her body.  She and many others, of course, but she was the one I knew and loved. Feeling not quite ready to make the drive home, I sat for awhile in a restaurant and I thought about such things.  Our comings and goings and the uncountable in betweens.  All around me people were eating and laughing, and I took comfort in that. Suddenly, a very young child walked up to me, waved, and said, "Hello!"  Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to return the greeting.  She then went on to the next table, smiling and greeting the diners.  Her mother followed close behind and we laughed. She rolled her eyes; evidently she frequently follows this tiny queen who yearns to greet a very large world.    
 
I thought of Kim once more, and her love of children.  I felt a gentle nudge that reminded me that life always continues.  I think I almost heard her voice and beautiful laugh that had been stilled for months.  
 
It was time to go home. 
     
  
I didn't tell you earlier because I was with you every day. But now, I am on my way to the One who sent me...In a day or so you're not going to see me, but then in another day or so you will.  
John 16 (The Message).  
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment