Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Psalm 104

Psalms for Praying
Nan C. Merrill
   
Bless the Radiant One, O my soul!
O Heart of my heart, You are
so very great!
You are clothed with justice and mercy,
arrayed in Light as your fine attire.
You stretch over the heavens
like a tent,  
your Radiance covering the waters;
You shine through the clouds, and
ride on the wings of the wind;
The wind, like the Breath of Life,
carries your Word,
Fire refines the dross of our souls.

 
I am on retreat this week, and part of our conversation today was about the brightness of the holy Presence.  Can you believe that God's brilliance shines in you and through you?  Yes, that knowledge should make us stand a little taller. As Jesus said, we should brush our hair and wash our face (Matthew 6:17).  Well, okay, he said that we should anoint our heads, but regardless, let us prepare ourselves to be a sanctuary.   
 
I have a good internet connection here, so I may stay with Psalm 104 this week as a retreat practice.  It is one of my favorites.  May you, too, feel the warmth of the Radiant One within.
  
I am grateful for these good friends I have gathered with this week.   
 
As we all continue our radiant journeys, may we remember that we are blessed and held.  
    
  
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment