Thursday, October 15, 2015

Psalm 104 Continued

Psalms for Praying 
Nan C. Merrill
 
O You, who know all hearts, 
how manifold are your works.
In wisdom You have created them all;
the earth is filled with your creatures.
We look to the seas, great and wide,
which teem with life innumerable,
helping to maintain the balance.
O, that we might receive your gifts,
taking only what is needed
with grateful hearts.   


   
May this prayer ring true.  It rained here last night. I am grateful the sound awakened me.  Surely,If we can see creation as a gift, not something to be quickly exploited before someone else does, we could live in balance once more. 
 
Enjoy your gifts today, wherever you may be.  I look forward to the sunrise.  There will be dogs and surfers and poets on the beach, as well as those of us who simply yearn to see.  I hear the birds calling. I must go.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment