Thursday, October 8, 2015

Psalm 100

Psalms for Praying
Nan C. Merrill
  
Sing a joyful noise to the Beloved
all peoples of the earth!
Serve Love with a glad heart.
Join hands in the great 
Dance of Life.
 
Know that the Beloved of your heart
is the Divine Presence.
Love created us, and we belong to
the Most High;
We are born to be loving,
expressions of the Creator's
Divine Plan.
 
Open the gates of your heart
with gratitude
and enter Love's court with praise.
Give thanks to the Beloved,
bless Love's holy Name!
 
For Love is of God, and lives
in your heart forever,
with faith, truth, and joy, now
and in all that is to come.
Alleluia! Amen!  
  
 
Psalm 100 is a psalm I return to time and time again.  I need the reminder that I am always entering God's courtyard, so I should do so with loving attention.  Yesterday, in a crowded skilled nursing community, I joined in the chorus of the alleluias and the amens.   Most of the patients there have very little, and yet many of them passionately worship God, and surrender to that love time and time again. Today, I will enter a beautifully appointed assisted living community, and I know that someone is going to be aggravated because the television will need to be turned off.  However, in both, I know that I am called to enter the courtyard with thanksgiving.  Some days I am more adept at it than others, so I do appreciate your prayers.  
  
We are now two thirds of the way through the psalms.  I will be on retreat next week, so there will be another break.  Coming up are some long psalms such as Psalm 119 with its 176 verses, and Psalm 139 that contains many beautiful images.   I may linger with those psalms a bit longer.   
 
Blessings on the journey.  Don't forget to take your alleluias with you, and please know I am grateful for you.     
 
Amen.  
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment