Thursday, August 21, 2014

Happiness

This morning as I was setting up in a busy skilled nursing community, I overheard one of the activity assistants invite a staff member from another department to worship.  "Why don't you come to our church service?  We have great services; you will feel better."  Then another assistant added, "You really are welcome."  It wasn't the description of great that made my heart soar,and I certainly did not hear anything about my brilliant preaching.  That is quite okay.  What I celebrate is,  "We. Ours. Welcome."   

Yes. We are church.  Blessed be.

   


 
  
You have turned my mourning into dancing 
You removed my sackcloth and and clothed me with joy, 
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. 
O God, I will give you thanks forever.  
Psalm 30:11-12

1 comment: