Tuesday, December 1, 2020

An Advent Poem

 I discovered this lovely poem in 2015  in a small publication entitled Thin Places, published by the Westminster Presbyterian Church in Minneapolis. It has become an essential part of my Advent season.  Thin Places refers to it as " A15th Century Advent Poem."  It is included in their most recent issue as well, still with no additional information.    

The photograph attached is the one I sent in 2015.  I often walk by that garden, and I think I will today.   
 Holy harmony. I love that phrase. As we light our candles and try to make our way to peace, may this sacred weaving be our intention.    

Thou shalt know Him when He comes
not by any din of drums
nor the vantages of airs
nor by anything He wears...
For His presence known shalt be
by the holy harmony
that His coming makes in thee. 

   
    


No comments:

Post a Comment