Monday, September 7, 2020

Pausing for Sabbath

 Dear Friends, 

Lately I have been pondering Sabbath and healing. Deep healing, I believe, requires our willingness to keep Sabbath. While I shall try to concentrate more on taking a full day of Sabbath, I also want to take note of those moments when I feel God's healing presence - that Presence who asks only, "Pause awhile with me."  Like a trusted friend, God does not always require conversation or good works. It is enough to simply share a moment. 
    
Jack and I took our walk early this morning in the hopes of staying reasonably cool, but we both got pretty warm as we made our way back home.  This persimmon tree beckoned with the invitation of shade and a promise of a sweet harvest. In that moment I needed nothing else.  Sometimes, promise can sustain us like nothing else can.  That is the gift of faith, and of life.             
  
Peace on Your Journey, 
Sue Ann   
    
    

  
   photograph:  San Leandro, September 7, 2020 

No comments:

Post a Comment