Thursday, December 5, 2019

The Journey of this Time

"Then the reign of God for which we strive with every breath will come in all its fullness."  
Sister Joan Chittister, OSB 
The Liturgical Year
   
photograph:  San Leandro, December 2019  
This is one of the rare uncropped images I have on my camera that also makes phone calls. It so speaks of Advent to me.  Today, we prepare to move out of our house for a few days.  I am slowly dismantling the altar I have on the mantle.  As I wrap each item and place in a box, I do so with gratitude.  While at times I get cranky or confused because the house is not calm, the overarching story of this time is the reminder of the importance of a table, a kitchen (we cannot access ours now), the cooking and sharing of a meal, of an altar that beckons me to pause in the chaos for just a moment and remember that we are of God.  However untangible that may seem,  we learn such knowing is the only tangible "thing" we have. God cannot be grasped, but can be lived.  Only there can we find peace.  The rest is journey.    
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment