Thursday, December 12, 2019

Help Is on the Way

"Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'”   
 Isaiah 30:20-21   
  
It was with gratitude that I read this scripture this morning.  The Advent reflections sent by Nancy Small through Monasteries of the Heart are proving to be stabilizing in a time of some upheaval in my life.  Learning to view these upheavals as simply part of learning to walk a path of peace is reassuring, and the reminder that teachers are all around, guiding us, is profoundly encouraging.  We do, however, need to learn to pause and listen to what is being spoken to us.   Eariler this week, I was talking to a woman in memory care.  She spoke of some of her struggles and then added, "As long as I don't get nervous, I find the way."  I thanked her for sharing that wise insight with me. She smiled and said, "But it is not always easy, is it?"   
 
No, it is not always easy, but the way will be made known, and encouragement is just around the bend.    
 
Blessings on your journey.  Don't be nervous.   Do not be afraid.     
    
photograph: Half Moon Bay, July 2019  
This morning I woke from a dream where I am standing in a beautiful golden field.  In the dream light is shining all around.  I woke happy. Who would not?   

   
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment