Friday, May 31, 2019

Repair Work

Last night I dreamed 
that a friend gave me a typewriter. 
I had forgotten about it. 
I found it lying in a dusty corner 
of a  ramschackle house I did not live in. 
Lots of things had been left in the house, 
I think about three floors worth. 

It had taken awhile to reach 
the house 
but the gentle path was beautiful 
lined green with shady trees and plants.  
Walking back (to where?) 
from it was so pleasant. 
I had to apologize to my friend 
for forgetting about the typewriter
as I wondered how to use it.  
  
I then dreamed of being underwater. 
Not scary, but so free and blue. 
I felt no temperature 
surely like an unborn child would know
no temperature other than perfect. 
Other people were in this sea, 
we were all having fun 
minding our own sea-business, 
even swimming upside down 
looking like pencils.    
 
A smiling man  
drove up in his large truck.  
He said not to worry; 
He would repair the house.   
But first, he, too, went swimming, 
diving so deep that I did worry.     
 
He arose laughing,
just like Jesus.   
  
say, May 31, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment